• In the Spotlight:

Sleeping in own room

How do I get my 2 year old to go to sleep. She will just stay up and play. Trying to move her into her own room.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Be strick keep putting her back in bed. You might not get any sleep the first week but she/he will give up and learn that you are the boss and the boss says go to sleep in your own bed. I also layed in bed with my son and read him books then got up and went to my room and got in bed so he didn't think he was missing out on anything. Good luck!!!
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• put her in her bed and read her a story and kiss her and say goodnight. turn light out and pull door shut. if she comes out, put her back to bed tell her goodnight and shut the door. it may take alot of patience and time but soon she will be sleeping in her own bed...
    babygirlisamom

Answer by babygirlisamom at 2:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• my daughter did the same thing. finally me and my husband just had to lay her down and trust that she would just fall asleep on her own. at first she didn't wnat to stay in her own room so we would just lay her down in her bed give her a kiss and walk out. she would cry but we knew that she didn't honestly need anything. that worked and then she started playing with her toys and not staying in bed. i didn't really care because as soon as she started playin about 15 min latter she would get real sleepy and climb back in her bed and go to sleep.
    Anonymous

• what i had to do is just let her play and when she got tired and fell asleep where ever she was i would put her into the bed and when she woke up she knew she was a big now....

And that has been recently in the past couple months...
    meemee74

Answer by meemee74 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2009