Kelly Mom

Does the kellymom site bug you too? Not the information, but the site layout. I don't have the patience to fish through everything and then read teeny tiny print. If it's supposed to be so professional couldn't they hire a better web designer? SHEESH!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree. I love the information and have used it often, but it is hard to find anything. The layout is bad and the type is small. I wish they would redo the layout--I think it would be more helpful to more people if they did.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It looks cheap, that's all I can say.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I know I'm going to sound dumb but what is kelly mom
    Anonymous

• yes, cheap is the perfect word. Even though I want to trust the site it's hard to because it looks SO cheap. Kind of like when you go to get your hair done and the stylist looks WAY tacky, so you don't trust her to do your hair even though she went through beauty school with flying colors.
    Anonymous

• kellymom.com is a site about breastfeeding and babies and what not. Everyone refers to it like it's bible or something.
    Anonymous

• The site is what it is because it's FREE to use, and she doesn't sell advertising on it. Grow up, people, someone took a lot of time to put that stuff out there, they pay the fees for it, and don't charge you a dime for it and you're going to whine. Sheesh.
    Anonymous

• If you want to change it, offer to pay her server fees. I'm sure she'll be thrilled for the offer.
    Anonymous

• The owner is a nurse and lactation expert, not a web designer. She puts that information up there for free, and to make the site more detailed she'd have to sell advertising. She doesn't want to sell advertising, since most of the companies that market to her target audience are somehow linked to the formula companies. The site is free, she doesn't charge a dime for all her research and time. You don't like it, pay her server fees and offer to pay for a webdesigner.
    Anonymous