lactose intolerance/ allergy

This has bothered me for a long time! My baby had colic for the first 3 1/2 months of his life. Now I am trying to introduce dairy and yogurt and he has major gas and a terrible diaper rash! I've even tried Lactaid for him and this problem won't go away. Is there any hope for me in giving my baby milk later on in life?! (He'll be 1 year old in less than 2 weeks!)

amandallamas

Asked by amandallamas at 1:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is a question you should talk to his doctor about!
    Anonymous

• Talk to his pediatrician. My daughter had a milk protein allergy, and she grew out of it at around 8 months or so. Most babies do grow out of it, but some do not.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• since he seems to be having an allergic reaction now its possible he will grow out of it sometime in his life. as for diaper rash, try browning flour in a frying pan, and use it every time you change his diaper. old fashioned home remedy that worked for my brother when he was a baby. sounds weird but it works. he had milk allergies until almost 2yrs. old.
    babygirlisamom

Answer by babygirlisamom at 2:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2009