maternity leave

im a stna and planning on working all the way up until the big day just because im SCARED i wont be able to pay my bills once im on leave! nothing stresses me out more than getting behind! Although im going to be getting paid through my disability, its only 1000 dollars a month! my boyfriend works as well but it seems hard even when were both putting in money.. my friends tell me not to worry because they didnt have any money saved up when they had their babies and everything working out fine!... what can i do to relax!? i feel like a psycho!

dared2lovexx

Asked by dared2lovexx at 1:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• be glad you have the 1000$ we didnt have that! plus i was put on bed rest the last 2 mos of BOTH my pregs so we were broke as hell!!!! but still made it!
    idebusashes

Answer by idebusashes at 2:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I was the same way, but my HB wanted me to be a SAHM after having the baby. I really thought we would struggle, but just like your friends mention to you once you have your baby you will make things work. Maybe if you write down all expenses, and compared to income it might ease up some concerns. It was an eye opener for me.
    Anonymous

• Yeah I agree with your friends, some how the finances will work out. With my now toddler we moved to a new city one mo before he was to be born. It was a finacial risk. We only had $1000 til my husb could find a job (which he did within a mo TG). Things will be ok, imagine all those who aren't the most financially richest....we manage. So will you & your family, after all you do have some money coming in. Your normal to be worried, means your a good mom not psycho. Good Luck!
    SweetMomLove

Answer by SweetMomLove at 2:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2009