Does anyone have a 46'' LCD tv and what kind of stand do you have for it?

My husband recently purchased a 46'' tv and we are having a hard time finding a stand that will accomodate it and our dvd player, satellite box, stereo, and receiver. We've looked at Best Buy, Walmart, Kmart, and Big Lots. Those are the only stores we have locally.

Chickadee

Asked by Chickadee at 2:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Entertainment

• What kind are you looking for? I'm not a fan of those plastic/metal things. Our tv is actually hung on the wall but we have an entertainment console that we bought at Tres Amigos for a few hundred buck. It's gorgeous and solid wood, none of that fake wood. I like real wood.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• We are looking for a nice wood one. We're not too crazy about hanging it on the wall because of lots of traffic on our street. When those big trucks go by it can rattle the windows a lot. We're just nervous about it falling down.
    Chickadee

Answer by Chickadee at 2:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• We have a 52" and the only stand that accomdates it is one of the corner units with the shelves on the bottom. Nothing that resembles an entertainment center. Ours is black and silver and matches the TV, but I have seen them around in wood tones. It holds the DVD player, the digital cable box, a VCR, and 4 gaming systems on the shelves underneath, but I would have rather had something that held DVDs and games and such as well.
    But, I can now read subtitles from the next room if I have to - so I'll be happy with the stand we have...lol.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 4:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2009