why do some people on cafe mom feel it's their duty to shove their opinions down others throats?

seriously, why is it any of your business what anyone else is doing with their OWN kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I know what you mean.  It gets nasty here.  Some people have no repsect for the beliefs of others.

Anonymous

• They seem to think it their business because they post questions asking for advice on this or that issue with their kids behavior or how to raise them......that alone invites people to give them their point of view. They ask for it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Why is it that some people feel it is necessary to look for validation that what they do with their kids is right?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• People know that their behavior with their kids is wrong and then get pissed because someone calls them out on it.
    Anonymous

• i posted the question. here is an example. i breastfeed my child, so in a sense i am pro-breastfeeding. make sense? ok but why is it that i see certain mom's pushing breastfeeding? i can keep my opinions to myself. why does jane doe over there think she needs to tell everyone to do things HER way. i think you guys are misunderstanding the question. either that or you all are part of the know it all bridage. ugh.
    Anonymous

• Well when people ask a question then I respond with my opinion you can take it or leave it either way. I am the parent of soon to be 2 children how I raise them is up to my husband and I, I do not feel compelled to parent other peoples children and I refuse to have anyone do it to me. If they don't like how I bring up my child then they can stuff it, their is a reason I brought my children into this world and not them. Other people just get their noses in the air and think they know best and instead of simply stating their opinion can actually end up forcing it onto those people.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 8:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• The government and the health field are also pushing breastfeeding. They post big billboards, run ads, etc. They are part of the know-it-all brigade too. Hop on. It's fun.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It is advise. Take it or leave it. Don't get your panties in a bunch. and BTW it's BRIGADE
    Anonymous

• how is it possible for someone to 'shove it down someone else throat' in a virtual forum? I mean really. If the poster doesn't like what is being said...go to the next response. It's referred to commonly as being a grown-up, not a 10 year old.
    Anonymous

• I think if some people spent spent time explaining their opinions instead of trying to prove other people are wrong, it would be more peaceful around here.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2008