Custody case.........

Have any of you ladies gone thru a custody case??? Here is my situation, Me and my EX SO had a baby in September, he wasn't around for my pregnancy, and we are now split again. yesterday we both got domestic violence in the prencence of a child citations. Nobody got arrested, it wasn't like we were beating the crap out of eachother, but he pushed me into the wall in the babies room and I pushed back. (he was trying to take the baby and run). He is claiming I punched him in the back with my baby in his arms. He does have marks, and took pictures, but him and his brother did it, NOT ME! I filed a protective order today and temp. custody...but what do you think will happen now?!?!?!?! I am so scared that because of his lie he will get my baby taken away :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Get a lawyer. That's the best thing you can do at this point. Lawyers are trained specifically in child custody cases and they will know what to do.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Both of you should be scared and hope that CPS doesn't put the child in foster care. I have seen judges take the child out of the home and declare both parents unfit at the time.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• If he says you punched him and his brother actually did it, they took pictures so they kind of helped you out. If you get a good lawyer, they should be able to prove that you didn't do it because the size of his brothers fists is most likely significantly larger than your own resulting in a larger bruise that you yourself would most likely not be able to produce. Get a good lawyer, never change a word in your story and fight til the end.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 2:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• If you both got citations then he's just as guilty as you, and the courts typically side with the Mom unless she's proven unfit. Due to him trying to run I'd explain when you go to court that he tried to run with the baby and you're seeking supervised visitation when it goes to court due to him trying to run.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2009