Has anyone had the VUNDO virus?

It's a computer virus that pops up ads and tries to make you buy fake anti-virus programs to get rid of it...

Or, have you had any other sort of virus and were able to get rid of it?

I'm so ready to trash my computer! But if there's a way I can get rid of this thing without spending so much money on one of those expensive anti-viruses, I would much rather do that!

*I got the virus from one of those MySpace Comments sites...so beware of those..*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes ma'am it's a pain in the ass. google: malwarebytes, anti-malware 1.30. It's a free download that and super antispyware free edition. I downloaded those 2 things ran the scans and they got rid of it. I tried alot of other things, I even paid 70 bucks on a virus software and it didn't work. The free downloads worked great.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 2:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I like spyware doctor, it picks up as soon as somtehing happens. IMO, its better than McCaffee Or Norton.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Lol. This is just in for fun. Computer viruses are no fun! My spouse has multiple virus scans and anti-spyware programs on our computer. He likes Hit Man Pro, which is an anti-spy ware and AVG anti-virus. Hope you are able to remove the virus from your computer. It is a PITA to do we you get infected depending on the virus.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 2:30 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• lol, well, I didn't really see another category that it would fit into :P

I decided to go with the Malwarebytes...I have AVG and it doesn't work as well as I originally thought..

Thanks smnice! I DLed the program, ran the scan (found 107 infections!), and removed the malware (so it said)...so far no pop ups and my computer is running faster! Thanks again!!!
    Anonymous