Anti Birth Control?

Is anyone else anti birth control? I am, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only one. I just don't think artificial hormones are safe for our bodies. Steroids is artificial testosterone, so isn't birth control kind of the same thing as that for estrogen? And we all know that steroids aren't healthy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If I was anti birth control, my husband and I would have 10 kids by now!! LOL
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Theres a lot of NFP women on here. Myself being one of them. I too don't like the hormones and foreign substances in m body.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 2:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I was anti birth control, I had the same feelings you do. But then I got pregnant and went through all the pains we women go through and decided that birth control was best because i'm not ready to go through that again anytime soon.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 2:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• that's not true. My mother never used any kind of contraceptives a day in her life and had 6 kids, and my MIL was the same way and only had 4. I'm not talking any contraceptives, just artificial hormones and things you stick in your uterus for 5 years plus. Condos not included.
    Anonymous

• You are anti-birth control but you don't know why? You sound confused. I would educate yourself about your decision. Know what each kind of BC is and how it works hormonally then make a knowledgeable choice.

Anonymous

• what's NFP?
    Anonymous

• I never said I don't know why, which post are you reading?
    Anonymous

• "Steroids is artificial testosterone, so isn't birth control kind of the same thing as that for estrogen?"

This makes you sound confused.
    Anonymous

• Nah, I'm stating my opinion in question form, as in to make other ask themselves this question. You said I don't know why I'm anti birth control but clearly I do know why.
    Anonymous

• NFP is natural family planning. It's where a woman calculates her fertile period and avoids sex. I asked a mom in one of my groups when we were talking about birth control after having our babies but I really didn't ask for details.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2009