Custody case

Have any of you ladies gone thru a custody case??? Here is my situation, Me and my EX SO had a baby in September, he wasn't around for my pregnancy, and we are now split again. yesterday we both got domestic violence in the prencence of a child citations. Nobody got arrested, it wasn't like we were beating the crap out of eachother, but he pushed me into the wall in the babies room and I pushed back. (he was trying to take the baby and run). He is claiming I punched him in the back with my baby in his arms. He does have marks, and took pictures, but him and his brother did it, NOT ME! I filed a protective order today and temp. custody...but what do you think will happen now?!?!?!?! I am so scared that because of his lie he will get my baby taken away :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I can't say what will happen, but hope everything turns out okay. You need to make absolutely sure from this point forward you don't do anything that might jeopardize losing your child. I'm not saying you would, but you must not drink, do drugs, hang out in bars, leave your child for any reason other than work/school, and DO NOT participate in any arguments of any kind with your SO or his family members. You MUST present a perfect picture of a mature, responsible, and loving mother.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 2:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• The courts will order a guardian ad litem or you can request one. Does he have any previous? He has to prove you are VERY unfit before he will get custody.
    Anonymous

• Dyndudes gave excellent advice! Make sure you document it if ANYTHING else happens. If he disobeys the protection order, call the police and DO NOT try to handle it yourself ... and do everything you can to maintain calm and order around your child! And do what you can to better yourself. Read self-help books! Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover" is great for learning how to make it on your own financially, Read parenting books: Nanny 911, or Supernanny. Both would give you a good start. YOU behave yourself, be extermely respectful to EVERYONE and the fact that you already have temporary custody should work in your favor.
    home2stay

Answer by home2stay at 3:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Another great book, especially in your circumstances, is called ScreamFree Parenting. It can change your child's future!
    home2stay

Answer by home2stay at 3:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2009