What ca we do to try to prevent SIDS?

Baby Sleep Safe: the unique wearable blankets by Baby HauteCouture LLC

Safe Baby Sleep wearable blanket by Baby Haute Couture LLC replaces loose bedding in the crib that can cover your baby's face and interfere with breathing. The following guidelines can reduce the risk of suffocation:

7 Place your baby to sleep on his or her back at nap and nighttimes

7 Remove all soft, fluffy or loose buffing and toys (including blankets and padded bumpers) from the crib

7 Use a wearable blanket or a sleeper to replace lose blankets

7 Do not put your baby face to sleep on any soft surface (sofas, chair, waterbeds, quilts, blankets, sheepskins, etc...)...
Source: Recommendations by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development

www.babyhautecouture.com Wearable Blankets

KidsCouture

Asked by KidsCouture at 2:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Health

• dont give vaccines should be added here.
    Anonymous

• I agree w/ anon!! No vax's!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i agree no vax either!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Put them to sleep with a pacifier. I believe this helps because the suck constantly when they are little and when they do this is reminds them to breath.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 2:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Well, I will respectfully disagree with the vaccine part. But a new study says you should let the baby sleep with a fan (not pointed on him or her) because the white noise helps to keep the baby's breathing on track. That's a newer showing. I've always slept with a fan, and so did my kids. The older ones don't want one, but my little 2 year old is hooked.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• No smoking in the house, co-sleep, breastfeed.
    Anonymous

• Vaccines increase the risk of SIDs 7 fold. Japan had the lowest of SIDs rate because they didn't vax until age 2. As soon as they changed the policy and started vaxing earlier, the rate of SIDs increased.
    Anonymous