Has anyone had thier cervix sewn shut while pregnant?

What happens ?? Does it involve surgery , hospital stay, c-section ??? I have had 3 miscarraiges in the last 2 years (1 in 2006, 2 in 2008) genetic test came negitative so I go in on the 7th to see where we go from thier . Progestone?? Cervix being sewn up ?? I have idea what to expect !!!!!!!!!!!! We have NO problem getting pregnant we get pregnant within days of trying but I just can't keep the baby in my womb.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 2:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have you been diagnosed with an incompetent cervix? Because what you are talking about is called cerclage and it's used to prevent premature changes in the cervix.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/cervicalcerclage.html

Forget-me-not

Answer by Forget-me-not at 2:58 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• They sew your cervix if you have a collapsing cervix. I haven't had this done but a friend of mine did. This isn't done for everyone - it's only specifically to address the kind of miscarriage that results from a weak or collapsing cervix. These are usually miscarriages later in your pregnancy. Your doctor should be able to tell you if this is whats causing the loss. Good luck!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2009