Did I do harm?

I just took a pregnancy test and the results was positive. We haven't been trying for this, but are happy just the same! Now that I think about the last month I wondering if I've done anything that could harm the baby. Obviously with the holidays, there was a lot of parties and drinking. I also did a lot of cleaning with many strong cleansers and painted the walls in a bedroom (cold weather = not a lot of ventilation). Please let me know I'm not the only one who has done this. I'm really concerned.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think I was drunk when I took my pregnancy test!!! (ok, not that extreme) My son came out just fine.

My girlfriend really was drinking a lot before she found out she was pregnant. (Her boyfriend died in a motorcycle accident). Granted she is still pregnant, her doctor said everything would be fine.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 3:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• No, with my first I did exactly the same, you didn't know that this was going on so remember you shouldn't feel guilty whatever, but after saying that alot of moms do this. And in most cases it's fine. Good Luck honey. Don't beat yourself up.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I'm pretty sure these things are done by just about everyone before they figure out they are pregnant. I am sure everything's fine. Just dont do anything risky now. If you are really concerned, talk to your OBGYN about the things you've done. None of which seem serious to me. :) Congrats!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 3:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I don't think you did the harm, unless you are planning on doing it still! Which probably you wont! haha
    Just take care of you and your little one from now on..... Congrants!!!!!
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 3:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I am on my third pregnancy and I have drank with all three before I knew I was pregnant. I always use bleach and have painted too. I have three healthy babies (one set of twins). If anything, worrying would do just as much damage as the drinking and cleaning and painting. Congrats!
    zackkatiejames

Answer by zackkatiejames at 3:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• as long as you are very early on you should be ok. Even after conception it takes 7-10 days for implantation so nothing is passing to baby then yet either. So its probably not as bad as you think. Good luck and congrats!!
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 4:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i found out i was preggo right after a party hard new years..my daughter came out fine...of course i stopped drinking after that..i think you should be okay
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 10:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2009