Custody...please help!

Have any of you ladies gone thru a custody case??? Here is my situation, Me and my EX SO had a baby in September, he wasn't around for my pregnancy, and we are now split again. yesterday we both got domestic violence in the prencence of a child citations. Nobody got arrested, it wasn't like we were beating the crap out of eachother, but he pushed me into the wall in the babies room and I pushed back. (he was trying to take the baby and run). He is claiming I punched him in the back with my baby in his arms. He does have marks, and took pictures, but him and his brother did it, NOT ME! I filed a protective order today and temp. custody...but what do you think will happen now?!?!?!?! I am so scared that because of his lie he will get my baby taken away :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you can prove it's a lie then you have nothing to worry about. The fact that both of you have domestic violence works out and it's hard for a mother to lose custody of her baby specially as an infant. I think that the restaining order you have will show in your favor. You just need to keep your self straight and act right so that when you go to court you can show a history of care and love for your baby.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I don't have a lot of advice for you, but here's what I do have: when you go to court, stay calm. No matter how hard it is, no matter what he says, stay calm. That will show that even if you did hit him, that you had to be severely provoked in order to do it. My ex used to try to tell people that I threw stuff at him when we would fight, what he would leave out was that I would only throw something at him if he was threatening to hurt me and I couldn't get away. He'd tell the judge this story, and I'd be sitting there just as calm as could be, no matter what he said, and the judge literally looked at him and said "are you crazy?" She could tell by how calm and composed I was that if I had done what he was claiming, there had to be a very good reason for it. So, stay calm, and go home later and call him every name in the book when you're alone. Good luck!
    Anonymous