How do you keep from being bored to death?

I don't know how women stay at home with kids all day. I feel like I need a change of scenery.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It can get boring, especially in the winter months!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i was a sahm for a while and it drove my crazy. i need to work and have time for myself. it makes me a better mom
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• make a plan to stop world hunger!!! then take a spoon and go into the backyard and dig a hole to FREEDOM!!!!!!!!
    im bored too
    i need a new spoon! LMAO
    Anonymous

• I knowwwwww. LOL well I've had a few interviews so I'm also starting work pretty soon, either that or I'm gonna pull my hair out! lol
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 4:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Goodness! I have not been bored for years. Try interacting with your kids.
    mom2eeba

Answer by mom2eeba at 4:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Notice no one has come up with an answer yet. If I could have the house to myself, I would kill the boredom by doing some housework naked. But that's not the case, so I have no answer.
    home2stay

Answer by home2stay at 4:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I am a SAHM and am never bored. When I am not entertaining my 4 month old, I am doing laundry, cooking, cleaning. And if I have free time I read, take a nice long shower or do a puzzle. If you are bored then you should look into picking up some hobbies.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• ditto kboney!!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 4:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Are you serious? I stay home with a 2 yo and a 4 yo. I'd LOVE to be bored once in a while. Doesnt happen here.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 4:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Oh, Lord....I'm busy every minute but that doesn't mean I don't get bored. I really truly get bored out of my mind. Painfully bored. And normally by that time the weekend is here and I get to get out for a bit.

It's only occasionally I get that bad though. So during the week when I feel myself getting anxious and bored, I open the curtains. Natural sunligt helps your mood. Also, I try to go out for a walk or a drive. I don't have a working car right now so if I need to I call my mom and she'll pick the baby and I up.

Some cases can be solved by just waiting til baby falls asleep and doing whatEVER the heck I want. Shower (whether or not ive already had one), books, tv, computer. Anything that would normally make me feel guilty.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 5:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2009