How to keep a sweaters shape after washing?

I have this great sweater. I wore it twice and then washed it according to the tag: machine wash gentle, lay flat to dry.

Now since I've washed it, the neck and arms are stretched out. Is my sweater now ruined? How can I keep this from happening again?

mwebb

Asked by mwebb at 3:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Wash it on gentle and lay it on a towel. Roll up the towel with the sweater in it. It works for me! GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have some larger wash bags for lingerie that I use to wash my finer sweaters inside. You can also use a pillowcase to put larger sweaters in. This helps prevent them from being stretched in the machine.
    I always dry mine flat. They are some great sweater drying racks you can get. The ones with the mesh are best. Some are stackable so you can dry more than 1 at a time.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Do you have a top loader or a front loader. NEVER put sweaters or anything else made with a knit into a top loader. They always come out misshapen and stretched out. If you have a top loader you should take it to a laundry that has top loaders or even better the dry cleaners.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:41 AM on Jan. 3, 2009