Itchy raised stratch marks...how can I get relief?

I delivered my little girl 5 days ago. Just prior to delivery, and especially now afterwards, my stretch mafrks are really red and raised. The worst part is that they itch like crazy. Scratching only makes them worse because the irritation makes them swell. Anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway to relieve the itching so that the swelling and irritation will go away?

Danielle720

Asked by Danielle720 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• umm i would try maybe some vitamin E lotion? or maybe a coco butter.. mixed with some sort of itchy cream? i just recently used a benedryl itchy cream and it felt damn releiving
    Raychillbro

Answer by Raychillbro at 7:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• benadryl cream works great for the swelling and itching....if you dont want to pay name brand price, just find a generic that says cortisone cream....also, as stupid as this sounds, hemrhoid cream will help too because it is for itching and swelling as well
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Palmers Cocoa Butter for stretch marks is complete love. =] It helped with my itching. You can also rub your hand over your skin, but don't scratch because any marks made on your stomach now have a higher risk of stating around.
    DementedPsyche

Answer by DementedPsyche at 8:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• as silly and weird as this sounds use hemroid cream and pads. My doc is the one who told me try these while still in the hospital after my c-section and it worked like a miracle. It helps to firm and tighten skin as well, Good Luck and God Bless
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• oil of olay. my granny swears by the stuff. if i was her, i would too. 6 kids, no stretch marks. me either and i have 2.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2008