Does anyone else hate the term "baby daddy"?

It just sounds uneducated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes! I do!
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yeah, it's stupid.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:18 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• yes . My husband and I have this friend who is single, but has a 10 yr old son...and he refers to his mother as "my baby mama" I'm like dude, he's not a baby anymore and she has a name!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• LOL whatever happened to using babies daddy or babies mamma that sounds more correct. I use the term baby daddy but only as a means to belittle when I'm talking about the sperm donor. As the post said it sounds uneducated and to me very ghetto.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• a co-worker of mine use to say it all the time refering to her kid's dads. when i asked why she didnt just say the guy's names she told me it gets too confusing. strangers assume she's in a relationship with one of them, which she isnt. she cant call the guy her BF or even SO...but he's still in her life. so she just says her baby's daddy.

but i still think it sounds silly haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i cant stand it, its very uneducated talk.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Well, it is uneducated and incorrect grammatically...It is not a term that would be used normally by people with an education except that now it has become part of the social culture. It is certainly explicit! It implies someone with whom you have no particular relationship other than the parent of your child. Correct English would mean it would be said "My baby's Daddy" or "the father of my child". I think we all know this, but it is interesting as a social phenomenon.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Wow sounds like a snotty topic here.
    I guess if people use a "slang" or so called "ghetto" phrase they must be uneducated people huh?

Anonymous

• I use it ...cause I'm gangsta like that..... hahahaha

not really....
    BabyDio

Answer by BabyDio at 3:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Who dat is? Dat's jus my baby Daddy . . . lol . . . And frankly, Anon 3:47 . . . anyone who uses "ghetto" or "slang" talk probably is uneducated, otherwise, wouldn't they want to sound more intelligent and classy when they speak?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2009