When can I give my 4 month daughter juice?

righmire0401

Asked by righmire0401 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i didn't give my 20month old any juice until well after a year
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• if it is juicy juice you can giver her alittle but make sure u add alitte water
    Anonymous

• I add water, the only reason i give her juice is to help her poop. I started her on the cereal and she didn't poop for days, when she finally did it hurt her so badly. So I took her off of it. But I want to start her on it again, just don't know how to help her from getting constipated again.
    righmire0401

Answer by righmire0401 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Are you nursing or formula feeding?
    BBPbyHolli

Answer by BBPbyHolli at 3:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Formula
    righmire0401

Answer by righmire0401 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• ALSO TRY GIVING HER PRUNS, BABY FOOD... MAKE IT IN A BOTTLE AND GIVE THAT TO HER...
    Anonymous

• http://www.babycareadvice.com/babycare/general_help/article.php?id=48

This is a great article all about how to help babies poop and defining exactly what constipation in babies is.
    BBPbyHolli

Answer by BBPbyHolli at 3:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• There is no reason at all to give a baby juice , formula or breastmilk only for the first year of life .
    Anonymous

• It sounds as if you started solids too early. There's no need for a baby to have solids before 6 months, and no need to supplement breastmilk or formula with any other liquids. In fact, the American Pediatric Association's guidelines say nothing but breastmilk/formula should be given for the first 6 months. Enjoy the freedom from solid food while you can! Seriously! There's no need to rush.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Not until they are at least 6 months, but most pediatricians agree that waiting until they are a year is much better.
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 11:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2009