I am 20 weeks and i dont really feel anything no movements or anything unless i push down on my belly but i think that is gas I am very worried should i be?

I havent been to the doctor in a while bc we moved and i dont have a new doctor yet and i was stuck in a moving truck for 30 hours which my former dr told me not to but i had no choice i have been telling myself the movement is the baby bc i cant stand to think of the other options
SHOULD I BE WORRIED?

GrumpyPinLover

Asked by GrumpyPinLover at 3:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didnt' really feel my son until 19 weeks. I barely noticed it as well. I wouldn't be worried if I were you. :)
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 3:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• No I wouldn't be too worried if I were you, the baby's not very big at this point and if it's your first you'll be less sensitive to the movement. Also the 'gas' could be the baby since it can feel like this. But if you're worried check in with the docs as soon as possible just to put your mind at ease.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Sometime you have an anterior placenta(its in front and not on the side) you may not feel as much movement. This is sometimes why women don't know they are pregnant... they can't feel any movement. Don't give up hope... but find a dr so you can make sure baby is ok!
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Many first time moms dont feel baby until around 24 weeks, but you should find a doctor soon so you can both get checked out!.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Nah, lots of women don't feel a thing by this time. Your "gas" may actually have been the baby moving; most first time mom's have difficulty telling the difference. That's how it was for me, until the first time I had a definite, stomach-moving kick. Then it was, "Ahh, so that WAS kicking!" :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Think positive try to drink something really cold and then lay down and see if you feel anything for an hour see if you feel movement. I started to feel my baby move at 11 weeks some days i feel him some days i dont im now 16 weeks. I have a heart doppler and that helps a lot on the days i dont feel him at all you can rent one very cheap 20 bucks a month www.heartones.com and they are fda approved
    nyyankeecutee

Answer by nyyankeecutee at 4:58 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• How long has it been since you've felt movement? It's normal not to feel movement every day yet. I can understand the fear, though! I was the same way. Just enjoy this time before you're trying to dislodge a foot from your ribs! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:31 AM on Jan. 3, 2009