Do you have any tricks or tweaks to share about basic computer use? The one I use all the time is to press and hold the control key then hit the + key. It enlarges the print on your screen. Anyone else have tricks to share?

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• cool! lol i just learned something =)
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 3:36 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• CTRL and Z = Undo
    CTRL and C = Copy
    CTRL and V = Paste
    CTRL and Enter = send in outlook
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Another one I use is this:
    If you want to go to www.myspace.com, type myspace in the address bar and press control and enter at the same time. This puts the www. and .com in for you!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• oh yeahh lol i forgot the ones bubbly said.. lol i use the copy/paste all the time. i also use CTRL and N for a new window
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 3:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• omg im gonna use the www. and .com thing forever now lol
    Anonymous

• if you hit the "Prt SC SysRq" button it can take a screen shot of whatever you have open. you can use it to show to somebody if you're trying to show them something like for example you don't know why youre computer is doing something or showing an error. it helps a lot.

or if you're making a tutorial on something you can take screen shots to make it easy for the person looking at the tutorial.

directions:

1. get whatever you want up, screen shot it.

2. open paint, press CTRL V to paste it or go to edit>paste..w/e is easier.

3. SAVE IT! save as file type PNG (png is the most clear way to keep pictures so theyre not fuzzy like JPEG or BMP)

;)

etiheidas

Answer by etiheidas at 4:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse then holding the CTRL key while using the scroll wheel also changes the size of the print on the screen (learned that the hard way when the kids kept screwing up my screen).
    The thing about typing myspace...don't know if it is the browser I use but if I just type myspace into the address bar it just brings me to myspace. I don't press anything special, just enter. It does that for lots of sites.
    ctrl+alt+delete brings up Task Manager in windows so you can shut down programs you don't need running (learned that in computer class in college).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2009