Lately my hair has been so tangled after I take a shower

I don't know whats causing it. My hair used to be so good to brush after a shower, now it hurts my head so bad to brush it after words. I dread it more and more everytime. I use herbal essants*sp* used to work so good for me.

righmire0401

Asked by righmire0401 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• It could very well be the shampoo / conditioner that you're using try something new like Dove or Aussie. If you still have this issue buy the kids detangler it really does work. I was told by my hair stylist that everything can affect your hair from the shampoo brands you use to the way you towel dry your hair.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• brush b4 the shower.. maybe some leave in conditioner
    Anonymous

• My hair gets oily fast so can't do leave in contitioner tried it =(. I'll try the kids detangler. Maybe it could be the way i'm towel drying my hair, i usually wrap it up.
    righmire0401

Answer by righmire0401 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• theres something u can use to not have so much oil not sure of what its called but i know there is something maybe ask someone that works wit hair
    Anonymous

• NEVER USE A BRUSH ON WET HAIR!! THIS WILL RIP AND TEAR YOUR HAIR UP AND CAUSE YOU TO HAVE BREAKAGE, KNOTS, AND SPLIT ENDS, WHITCH WILL LEAD TO YOUR HAIR BECOMMING LIKE VELCROW AND KNOT UP TOGETHER. ALWAYS USE A WIDE TOOTH COMB OR PICK ON WET HAIR. OF COURSE YOU WON'T SEE RESULTS OVER NIGHT , BUT IN TIME YOUR HAIR WILL BEGIN TO GET ALOT BETTER. ALSO, HERBAL ESSENCE, PANTENE, PERT SUAVE, PRELL, ETC... ARE BY FAR THE WORST SHAMPOOS YOU COULD EVER BUY. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD SALON QUALITY PRODUCTS , THEN THE BEST ON ON THE MARKET IS GARNIER FRUCTISE SHAMPOOS AND CONDITIONERS. AND DON'T TRY TO JUST COMB THROUGH ALL OF YOUR HAIR AT ONCE, TAKE SMALLER SECTIONS, THIS WILL MAKE IT EASIER AS WELL AS LESS DAMAGING, ANYMORE QUESTIONS, EMAIL ME.
    Mrs_Bonsta

Answer by Mrs_Bonsta at 6:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Buy Suave Kid's detangler spray-smells awesome, costs about $1.50 and works great.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Use a wide toothed comb when your hair is wet. And while you are in the shower and putting conditioner in your hair brush it through with your fingers. Sounds like you might need a hair cut. Always keep your hair trimmed to keep the split ends at bay. Get a trim every 6 to 8 weeks. And on a weekly basis use a homemade deep conditioning mask. This is a great recipe. Mix together an egg, mayonnaise, olive oil and plain yogurt. About a spoonful of each. Leave it in your hair for 20 minutes then rinse out. The yogurt prevents your hair from smelling like mayo, instead it'll smell sweet.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Mine was like that after having dd, so I cut it. My dd is only 6 months, so I just cut around Halloween. I couldn't take it anymore. There was so much hair falling out and it was so knotty all the time. So now it's short, well a bob, and I love it. I've been keeping it straight and life is so much easier. Before it was down to my waist and it's naturally curly so it was a huge hassle. Now, life is so much easier.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Thanks ladies!
    righmire0401

Answer by righmire0401 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My son's hair is very curly. When he was little it would knot so bad while he was asleep. What I did was get a wide toothed comb. And while he still had conditioner in his hair I'd comb it out. He's 17 now with hair past his shoulders. Still very curly and he still does it the same way. And make sure you rinse it straight down.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:38 AM on Jan. 3, 2009