How much should I pay a babysitter for two children?

I have two kids one uis 4 1/2 and one is olmot 18 months.

Asked by heavenlykatrina at 2:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• Since they are younger she will have to do a lot of work, I would say 8-10 dollars an hour. Or just 30 bucks for the night (no more than 4 hours)I had one family that I watched and she would only pay me 15 bucks for watching 3 kids for 4-5 hours! I hated working for them and eventually quit returning her phone calls. You don't want to be known as the cheap family because eventually you won't be able to find anyone! lol

Answer by renajennjenn at 2:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I asked a few people, they have all said around 1.50 per child per hour. I live in a small town too. Enjoy your night out!!!

Answer by debann28 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I pay at least $7 an hour. Why would they babysit if they can get another job that will pay at least minimum wage. That's why I stopped babysitting. Most people don't pay enough.

Answer by KaroGreenly at 3:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2008