how do i get my child to speak clearly

she is two years old and still mummbles like she is a baby. i dont understand why, because my nefhew is only 4 months older than her and he can talk clear as day. so how do i get her to speak clearly

tat2edmom06

Asked by tat2edmom06 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Health

• WOrk with her on pronouncing things, if she is having difficulty consider speech therapy !
    Anonymous

• all kids r different she will get it when shes ready.. but u can sit with her and start with A,apple, ape etc showin her pics or items n having her repeat them. the next day do B then C etc....also get the picture books
    Anonymous

• have you had her tonsils and adonoids checked and hearing?
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 4:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My best advice is to not compare your child to another because all kids do things differently and develop in their own ways. Just work with her on her speech and pronounciation as well as finding creative ways to teach her new words.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 6:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I agree dont compare your kids to other kids I have twins a boy and a girl and my son talks clear and says more words than my daughter. My daughter is also shy. But help her pronounce her words and point to what she wants, say what it is and have her say it back to you, that's what i do
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2009