how long is marijuanna in your breast milk

HeatherNicol453

Asked by HeatherNicol453 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• 3 DAYS
    Anonymous

• No idea I dont smoke weed and breastfeed.
    Anonymous

• shouldnt b in there to begin with
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Everyone metabolizes things differently , it can last up to 60 days in minute quantities from the VERY LITTLE research that has been done on the subject .
    Why risk it ?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't do any drugs if I had a child, let alone breastfeeding one. You need to call a doctor and ask how long. Some drugs can stay in your system for 30 days.
    Anonymous

• The active ingredient in marijuana, THC, will be stored in mom's fat tissues for long periods (weeks to months) and will build up in the body with continued use. Small to moderate secretion into breastmilk has been documented, and THC is concentrated in human milk. According to Hale, analysis of breastmilk from chronic heavy users indicated an eight-fold concentration in milk compared to mom's blood plasma, however the dose received by baby was insufficient to produce significant side effects. Studies have shown significant absorption and metabolism in infants, although long term effects have not been shown.
    Marijuana can cause sleepiness in the baby, which can lead to slow weight gain and possibly slow overall development in the baby long term. In addition, babies whose mothers smoke marijuana regularly have a higher risk of SIDS.
    Anonymous

• I know someone who smokes and breastfeeds. Her and I aren't really close so I kept my opinions to myself, but I think it's awful. She said she's done research and that it doesn't get into the milk. >>>>Sure it does!!! I never post anonymously, but I am going to, because I mentioned this site in front of her, and well let's just say, that it would be my luck that she saw this. Anyway, I think it's crap that she boasts how she doesn't drink because she's breastfeeding, but then smokes!! Drinking would be better, because it gets out of your system quicker. OH and its LEGAL.
    Anonymous

• i would call cps on her!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:01 AM on Jan. 3, 2009