How to get the pee smell out of my couch?!

5yr old DS had an accident 2 nights in a row on the couch... We all know the "morning pee smell" im sure, i cant get rid of it! I used the steam cleaner but i can still smell it!! I dont want to make it a big deal for my son because i dont want him to be upset, so i said the dog peed on the couch and i am trying to clean it. But i think dog pee would be easier to get rid of!.

The seat covers do not come off. I tryed soap and water, basic household cleaners, and the steam cleaner. Im worried its to far in the seat that it will never go away! No one else can smell it, but im 16 weeks pregnant and have the nose of a blood hound right now and cant handle it anymore!! HELP!

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 4:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• have you tried the laundry soap and fabric softener? that's what i used when my girls pee. along with fabreeze.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2011

• Exactly what noel said. I was about to type the same thing.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2011

• alrighty, im on it! lol thanks
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2011

• Go to an auto parts store, in the car detailing section and look for a grey bottle that says Odor Gun. It gets rid of all smells and has no odor itself. Spray it on the couch. Hopefully, it will penetrate far enough into the cushion to get rid of the smell. I hope it works for you!! GL!
    6GsMommy

Answer by 6GsMommy at 7:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2011

• Since you're pregnant and have a small child you probably want to use safe non-toxic products?! - Sol-U-Mel will take care of the odor and it is natural and safe - I get it online (and all my green cleaning products) - very economical and fully guaranteed. If you would like more information please let me know :-)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 26, 2011