ideas for vases

I've collected different types of vases over the years. I keep a few for fresh flowers I have two with the Beta Fish in it, but I still have more that are sitting empty.. Need ideas

jusBreathe

Asked by jusBreathe at 4:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Dried grasses and flowers are nice. Or several grouped together on a side table or mantel for a decorative statement. Or by the front and back door with ice melt in them. Big ones can be used for umbrellas by the doors. I keep a tiny one on the sill above my kitchen sink and pop a buttercup or dandelion in it when they are around. Rolls of Christmas wrapping paper could be stored in larger vases. Pens and pencils in medium-sized.

Answer by Bmat at 4:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• potporri and nature items like pine cones is what I show off. Or pretty baubble or rocks.
    lmaywild1

Answer by lmaywild1 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• shells, pens, pine cones. You could put coloured sand in them and pour wax on the top to seal it in, of course in a clear vase. My mom used to have peacock feathers in a vase! lol
    Go on a treasure hunt with the kids and let them display their finds in a clear vase.
    Use it for cutlery on the table or counter. If you had cancy canes on your tree hang them on the outside of a vase.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Half ill w/ sand mixed with glitter and stick a taper candle in there. Beeds, pretty rocks, shells, etc - w/ or w/out candles either stuck in them or set on top. Clear vases can be filled with colored water, put something pretty that sinks to the bottom, and throw one or more floating candles inside (below the "neck"). I've used opaque glass/ceramic and metal vases to plant small plants. I love the succulent that looks like peas or mini-grapes on a small vine - they grown and hang over the sides. You could also fill them with something and put a decortive sign on a stick in them - a favorite saying or something. I put a "I Am Not An Ashtray" sign in the outdoor plants when we have a party. B@stards! LOL.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 2:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2009