How can I get my 22 month old to sleep in his own bed?

My toddler slept in his own room and crib until he was 16 months, then we moved and he had to share a room with me (DH went to another state to start a different job, we'll be joining him in 2 months). Toddler had a sudden fear of being alone at night in his crib, would cry until I put him in bed with me. He naps okay in his crib, but has to sleep with me. When we move, he would have to share a room with his twin 11 month brothers. I never believed in cosleeping.

I want him to sleep in his own bed, in a shared room with his brothers after we move (I'll wait till he gets adjusted to the change) But I want my bed back, because DH and I haven't seen each other in months :) How can I do this, how can I help DS move from my bed to his? He is very strong willed, and will cry for hours or until he gags and almost vomits.

mommyonhawaii

Asked by mommyonhawaii at 4:11 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe whenever he gets to be back with the whole family he'll be better,.whenever hes not the only one in the room.you said he'll have his 11 month old brothers there with him.maybe he just misses his daddy?:)but i dont have any real advice because my dd is almost 20 months and i co-sleep:)but i wouldnt give it up:)
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2009