When does baby's eyecolor changes to permanent?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• By the age of 2 .
    Most kids its by 1 year and often much earlier than that .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have read studies that said by 5 or 6, their eye color would be set. My son is almost three and it keeps changing between brown and blue.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 4:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Did you know that YOUR eye color could still change. It is rare, but eye color can change at any point in your life.
    However, it is usually set by age one. Whatever color it is then will most likely be the color listed on their first driver's license.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Often most know their child's permanent eye color by age two, however I have heard people say their children's eye color changed later, in these cases I am betting the children had hazel eyes.  The child of mine that took the longest to settle on an eye color was my eldest, she actually won a reward for prettiest eyes as a baby age one years old... at that time she had green eyes, that changed to a chocolate brown like daddies by 18 months, my other three children were under a year when their eye color set in.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I read that they will chage for good to their regular color around the age of one.
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 11:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2009