My poor lil man

My son is 4 1/2 months old and very sick, I took him to the doc's yesterday and found out he has a cold and ear infection, so they gave him antibiotics, he can hardly breath through his nose hie eyes are so gooped up with crap that he can barely keep them open not to mention they are all red and puffy from being wiped off all the time, I have been using baby vicks to help hm out a lil better but is there anything things else I can do for him?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • Breast milk dropped in the nostrils and eyes is supposed to help clear things up if you have any available.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Saline nasal drops for his nose ... do you breastfeed? breastmilk in the eye helps with that goopy eye .
    Anonymous

• Saline drops, then suck out all the ickiness.

Also, elevate the crib on one side so it's on a slight angle. This will help with the drainage.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• A vaporizer/humidifier works wonders for us! Also, a warm washcloth to wash away the goo not only cleans him up, but feels really good! If you hold it over the bridge of his nose for a minute or two, it can help loosen some of the junk up there (and provides a lot of relief!).

Here's hoping he has a speedy recovery!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2009