I was always in really good health before giving birth , now I'm sick everyother month . ny one else have this happen . I had my son 13 months ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Health

• Kids carry germs very easily. They touch everything. Also, sugar lowers the immune system. Just do frequent hand washing b/c that is how sicknesses usually enter the body. You touch something and then wipe your eye or scratch your nose or feed yourself something and the germ then enters your body.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I've never been so sick in my life. I've had ear infections, soar throats, colds, sinus infections and I NEVER get sick. I think it's cause I'm more stressed out and sleep deprived than ever. Plus nursing takes alot out of me. For me at least, I think my immune system is compromised by the added stress on my body.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• After having my last one by c-section I have been sick non-stop it seems. He is 30months old yes two and a half! Such a long time to feel so ucky but I have started taking prenatal vits again and some Zinc pills. They are all natural and seem to be helping, go to a good health store, just don't let them sucker you into everything on the shelf because they are sales people too. Good Luck and God Bless...
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I wash hands constantly and my son stays home with me and his cousin all day . Both kids have little contact with other random kids . I am known in my family as the germaphobe and won't be caught without sanitizer . If I was dirty I could understand ! I guess I'm looking for wholeistic advice . I've heard good stuff about raw milk ...anyone heard that for immune health? I should also mention I had a C-section , developed a serious infection in the wound that had to be reopened and took 3 months for the infection to go away and the wound to close .. I think that has alot to do with it ( and the heavy doses of antibiotics for 2 months as well .

Thanks again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2008