making bottles?

i want to start making my daughters morning bottle the night before, that way im not stumbling around the kitchen half asleep trying to make her a bottle, and i was just wondering, like how do i do it, do i make the bottle regularly then put it in the fridge, can i put the nipple in the fridge with the bottle, how do i do this??? lol

x_tinky_x

Asked by x_tinky_x at 4:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• shouldnt do that. you are feeding formula right?! it gets bad really fast. within a couple hours actually..

try some fresh formula and then put it in the fridge. Try it again and ask yourself: "would you eat that?" ;) i doubt it.

you should always feed fresh formula. the fridge doesnt do any good. just because it stays cold doesnt mean it stays good.

thats just part of having a child. being tired and making bottles. hehe.

we all have to do that or had to ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• yeah, you are supposed to feed formula within an hour of making it. if it is breastmilk just make sure that you don't microwave it.
    Anonymous

• Yes you can do it. You are only supposed to keep a bottle for one hour after beginning to feed it. Made up in advance (and not fed from the bottle) the formula is good for 24 hours...just as it says on the side of the can. (oops....I'm speaking about powdered formula)

I used to make the entire days worth of bottles the night before. In the morning, all the air bubbles were gone from the bottles and it helped cut down on gas for them! I used a 4 cup measuring cup, put about 4 cups of water in it, microwaved it for about 2 minutes (water only), put the bottle in the water, changed the diaper, and the bottle was ready! (adjust the time for your own microwave lol)

Make the bottle, put it all together and stick it in the fridge. It's fine. And at 5-6 months, I started making the bottles less warm and soon they were taking them right out of the fridge. Which is fine for them as well.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I made my DD  bottles the night before for her when I started working......I made enough for the day and put the nipple and the cap on and stuck it in the fridge about 6 of them......she was fine...I always felt it was like milk.it stays good cold.......I used the ready to feed kind and once I opened the container I kept it in the fridge..it lasts a few days to a week....there is a lot of disinformation about formula out there the best thing to do is ask your doctor........but my DD is almost three...I never had any problem at all..............as long as you keep it cold and watch the expiration dates.....................It makes sense if the contaner does not go bad for a few days whey would it in a bottle?

PrincessRoo

Answer by PrincessRoo at 5:09 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• right once you heat it and she starts drinking it and gets her saliva in it is is only good fro an hour................and my DD started drinking them cold at around 6 months also..think about it do you like warm or cold milk to drink??

PrincessRoo

Answer by PrincessRoo at 5:12 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yeah! I figured they were eventually going to be on milk, so I'd lick the temperature problem early! LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• what i do (still got to stumble around with the water) but i sanatize the bottles, dry them and premeasure the powder out. Its so easy when you go out just thow the premade bottles in the bag, or at night just pour water and shake. I love it. Hope i helped
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Wow. You can make them and put them in the fridge. They can be in the fridge up to 24 hrs. It says it on the formula can. Wow previous posters, how do you think they feed babies in daycare? They have to be refrigerated.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I use concentrated formula and I make it a can at a time and put it in a pitcher in my fridge. Then when she is rady I just pour it in the bottle and heat. It says on the can that it is good for 24 hours once it is mixed with the water. I have done this with both my kids now and it is fine. I like to heat my little girls up still because the warm milk helps her stomache settle better but you do what is best for your kid some take it cold others dont it is all in how you do it. Also if you put the nipples inthe fridge make sure to cover it with a lid because the plastic fromt he nipples can absorb flavors from other foods in the fridge and that can be bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Actually formula that is made has to be used within 24 hours of making it. If the childs lips touched the nipple that is when the formula has one hour. We would make bottle ahead of time because that is what was easiest for us. I am not sure what these other posters are talking about but it clearly says on the can how long it is good for! Anyways, we would make about 4-6 bottles in the morning so that it would last us for a good part of the day. Dependsing on how much you are feeding, when my son was eating 4 ozs we would just keep a bottle of water and the similac indviduals (makes 4 ozs) and the bottle all together nd it was the easiest to do in the middle of the night or early morning.
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 11:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2009