What do I do?

I am having contractions. They are not regular but they happen often like I can have 3 in a 10 min time then it take 10 min to have another. no longer then 10 min apart though. They HURT and my stomach is really hard. It feels like it is going to pop. I have changed postions many times as I cant get cumfy I have tried to wlk around the house and they just get worse. I have been drinking water ALL day so I know its no because I am dehydrated. I am 38 weeks. Should I call the dr or just not worry bout it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Put in a call to your doctor, and then lay down. Your walking could have a lot to do with it. I was a victim of early contractions, and each time I was ordered to lay down for an hour, then see if they came back when I got up.

That being said, you ARE also near the end of your pregnancy. Make sure your bag is packed, just in case. :)

Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Call the doctor or the delivery center. Make sure you are ready to leave, in case. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 5:13 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I am laying down right now. I have felt these before. I went to the dr twice. and they said they were just bh because they werent strong enough to show up on the monitor and then they were 5 min apart. This isnt my first baby I just dont remember.
    Anonymous

• Well i am having the same problems and just now got back from a Dr's appointment and he was just like yea yea see you next week dear!!! so i would suggest unless they get really painfull and in a regular pattern just try to do what you can at home!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• They are painfull When they happen it hurts to move around. She hasnt moved much today either.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried emptying your bladder? If there's no consistency to them then they are not labor contractions. Try taking a shower or bath and see if it helps with some of the pressuer.
    Anonymous

• A bath is a GREAT idea.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yep call the doc and take a warm bath.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Thanks.
    Anonymous