Is it just a cold?

Okie dokie. I've already asked this in a forum but I tend to get more replies here than there so I'm asking here too. I basically want your opinions on whether or not I just have a cold or if it's something else entirely. I'm trying to convince DH that I don't need to go to a clinic to be seen.

Symptoms:

Semi-stuffiness for just under a week.
An ever present dull, throbbing headache for just under a week
Decreased appetite (from hungry to non-existent)
Combined feeling of nausea and empty stomach(see above)
Dull body aches
Fatigue, since Thursday-ish. (moving from my bed to my living room is exhausting to me. I always feel as though I could sleep for hours but when I try to nap it's a struggle to fall asleep.)
A light tightness in my chest.

Since I don't have an appetite at all, my fluid level is low so I don't know if that has something to do with anything or not..

So whaddya think? Cold? Wussiness? Something else? Thanks for reading and answering, I appreciate it. :)

ElijahsMom211

Asked by ElijahsMom211 at 3:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2011 in Health

• my guess is allergies or a cold. Tis the season right? feel better :)
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 3:56 AM on Sep. 26, 2011

• sounds like a upper respiratory infection.
    MommyBre25

Answer by MommyBre25 at 5:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2011

• Maybe a cold, but it sounds like you are getting dehydrated, you either need to drink/eat something or listen to DH.
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 5:45 AM on Sep. 26, 2011

• I agree, stuffiness and what not is going around, you need to get some hydrating fluids in you and quickly. My mom was just in the hospital for dehydration and its not a fun trip. She had to hav e verything from an ekg and echo because she though she was having a heart attack. So drink up buttercup! Maybe have some warm tea. I know some people think its gross, but there is a tea that will help with your sinus problem and throat problem- if you have one. Its not a bad tea, pretty much the only I can I stomach. I would try Advil congestion as well, this stuff has been amazing for me. The dizziness may also be from so much congestion. I had a bout where I passed out from it a few years back. Good Luck!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 6:11 AM on Sep. 26, 2011