Asked earlier....

For the last couple nights I have been staying up super late and not sleeping very well. I'm 34 weeks pregnant and I haven't felt the baby move much in the last couple days. Do you think she is just tired and is sleeping or should I be worried?

Jennyv143

Asked by Jennyv143 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My grandma always told me they can have their quiet days in the belly.
    She also told me she could be resting for the big day..

LOL..idk? I believed her..my daughter came it perfect.
    etiheidas

Answer by etiheidas at 5:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• u should feel the baby at least once an hr... try laying in a quiet room and drink alittle soda and lay on ur side... if u feel the baby move around ur are fine if not, i would call ur doc or ur midwife and tell them about it... if you really feel worried about it go to the er better safe then sorry
    Anonymous

• As you get further along into your pregnancy your baby sleeps more and has less room to move. It is common for movements to decrease. You should feel your baby move if you lay down, at least 1x in a hour. Like my doctor said, babies sleep 90% of the time, they do this in the womb too.
    Anonymous

• Drink some apple juice (good and healthy!) and lie down. Did your doctor talk to you about counting kicks? There's some variation on how many they say you should feel in what amount of time. You'd be cool with anything right now, though, right?

To calm your fears, I'd call your doctor and see what s/he advises, and then see what happens. Good luck! :D
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yes they do have "quiet days" and also the baby doesnt have much room to move around. Drink a cold glass of water. Also try just laying down on your back completely still.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Don;t worry too much I am 35.5 weeks and I feel her move but not as frequently. If you feel there is a problem call the doc.
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 6:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Late in preg. there is not much room for the baby to move around as much. Especially if this is your first child. You should usually feel the baby move at least 10 times in 24 hours. If you are unsure always call the DR.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Thanks ladies. She woke up and moved around for awhile and went back to sleep LOL. What a relief.
    Jennyv143

Answer by Jennyv143 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2009