j c penny shoppers

what do you like to buy there. have a gift card, they seem to have diff brands than macy/dillards/sears... what would you recommend buying with a random 50.

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 5:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Shopping

• JCP is NOT closing... no worries... I was a manager there for several years.

I like the kids clothes. Especially if you can get them on clearance! Right now the clearance is an extra 40% off the ticketed price! I also like the junior Arizona for myself. They also have some great name brand shoes - tennis shoes or boots... whatever you may be looking for. I also bought my 500 thread count sheets - in the exact color I wanted (purple & black) for 60% off!

OR - you could use the $50 in the Salon. Treat yourself & have a service done or some nice product for yourself! I personally like the Biologe or Redkin.

Have fun! It's always nice to have some extra cash just for us!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• They're closing so I would go fast. The last I heard things were pretty picked over!
    Anonymous

• Kids clothes are great there, I love the Arizona brand. Also the towels and sheets are great too! I love JC Penney but don't shop there unless I find the sales lol! Love it when they have the buy one get one for 88 cents!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Towels, they have nice clothes too. It's basically just like Sears.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Closing? I didn't get that news! Have a link?
    Anonymous

• I just looked a few different links and all of them are different. Some say they are closing and some say no they aren't, some say 45 store and another 75. so I don't know what the truth is lol.

Anonymous

• I love JCPenny. I buy alot of my 10 month old son's clothes there. They carry Carters I believe is the name of the clothes I get my son. I also like to shop there for myself. Only Tops for myself because I just never tried the jeans. I hope they are not closing. They also have nice bras and jewelry. Have fun shopping!
    AshleyTinnon

Answer by AshleyTinnon at 12:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i buy clothes, shoes, purses, makeup, jewerly, bedding.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• i got a cool diaper bag, it looks like a purse but dh said it was fine because it was blue so he wont refuse to carry it...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Penneys is great for baby and kid clothes. Have terrific clearance and early bird sales.
    I get almost all of my pants and nice tee shirts there...sometimes good jewelry deals
    American Living Brand is a cheaper line made by Ralph Lauren, still a little pricey,I have gotten great deals when they go on sale 75% or more off!! Some of the items are the same as Ralph ..just have a different label!
    Lindalu66

Answer by Lindalu66 at 1:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2009