Why is it alway s referred to as...

...ghetto? Why can't it just be considered uneducated or incorrect or any other adjective? When it's referred to as ghetto it perpetuates a negative stereotype and one that isn't always true.

micrespo

Asked by micrespo at 5:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because certain things are ghetto. Just like certain things are hillbilly and certain things are valleygirl. It's just the way it is.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ghetto
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• well then I guess why is a less than wealthy section of a neighborhood called"ghetto"?Why not "financially unstable" ?
    Anonymous

• good points but i thought the word ghetto dissapeared like it was a 90's thing.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• The last time i heard that word used that wasn't reffering to a run down neighborhood was when the waitress in waffle house told me they only served Ghetto Breakfast food...

..i went to mcdonalds instead :)
    Brandie_xo

Answer by Brandie_xo at 6:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• because over time it has become slang for a certain behavior (way of living).. and oddly it is OKAY for some to say "I'm ghetto tonight" referring to their outfit/behavior/etc but if someone else say's it it's negative..
    Anonymous

• I actually call my daughter Ghetto-Booty cause shes got this cute butt that ive never seen on a 2 year old
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:24 PM on Jan. 2, 2009