How do I get rid of ma babies ringworm?

my daughter is 4 months old what is best to treat it.

jbird121

Asked by jbird121 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• where is it?
    my son had that, it was like a scab that wouldnt go away. So if its on the face, you can put athlete's foot cream on it, IFthis is the symptom im thinking of, if im right, so dont quote me on this as i might be wrong.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• but athlete's foot cream drys out scabs, thats why i put it on my cuts that i get when i get them on my lip, cause its hard to get rid of cuts there because of all the wetness i believe.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Lotrimin AF three times a day is what I was told by our pediatrician...but my boys are a bit older.

Athlete's foot, jock itch, head and the actual "ring"...it's all the same virus and all passed the same way...contact.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• ""...it's all the same virus and all passed the same way...contact. "

Not a virus. It's a fungus.
    Anonymous

• Oh lets nit pick anon. Yes any anti-fungal cream will work. You may want to mention it to your baby's ped just to be safe. It should go away within 7 - 10 days. If not the doc will need to see your baby. Good luck.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:20 PM on Jan. 2, 2009