• In the Spotlight:

anyone know??

Im 38 weeks along and todays been crap.
I woke up feeling happy and energized, in the mood to clean and get things done and then i started to get bad cramps in my abdoman, without contractions but a shooting pain that felt like electricty shot down my legs. i feel faint and overheated as well.
I havnt eaten ANYTHING because I feel so sick, but I have been drinking water.
Is this feeling normal?
Is it the start of labor?
Im confused.

BayB

Asked by BayB at 5:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The lack of food isn't going to make you feel any BETTER...and baby is HUNGRY. Try to cram something in there, even if you aren't feeling hungry.

I wouldn't say it's a labor symptom, as there are too many reasons to feel the way you do. I would just take it easy and put in a call to your doctor, just to be safe. S/he can calm your fears with an expertise that NONE of us on here have, :) Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:56 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• You may be feeling sick b/c your blood sugar is off from not eating. Try eating something
    Anonymous

• Sound like the beginning of labor.
    TammyG.

Answer by TammyG. at 7:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009