My son is 4 months and for the past couple weeks he is up any hour through the night. How can I stop this?

How can I get my son to sleep through the night

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can achieve this by waiting aprox. 6 months. Seriously though, what is he waking up for? Does he want a bottle/to nurse? Just wants comforted? Don't do anything with him except attend to his needs, keep the lights low & the house quiet so he doesn't start to feel like it is time for being awake. If he wants fed, try giving him a little more before he goes to sleep. Also make sure you aren't putting him down to early. If he just wants comforted try patting or rubbing his back while he lays in bed. Eventually he will stop waking up in the middle of the night.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• If you haven't already start a bedtime routine so that he gets the point that it is bedtime. Start early and be consistent every night. Ours is eat dinner, play, bath, jammies, brush teeth, give her the pacifier, and watch t.v. for about 10 minutes and then bed time. She goes in her bed and goes right to sleep.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I agree with both these moms and routine is very important... God Luck sweet heart and try to get in as much play time as you can during the day. If he is worn out he will sleep much better.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I also have a 4 month old & he's been waking up for the last week or so a few times a night, he used to sleep completely through the night. It sucks! My pediatrician says it could possibly be due to him teething. Maybe yours is too?? Is he drooling a lot, chewing on his hands, etc?? I basically just go in there, give him his pacifier & turn on his nature sounds (seems to work better on him then lullaby music) & he goes back to sleep---granted he wakes up a couple hours later, but I just repeat. Good luck!!
    proudmama2772

Answer by proudmama2772 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2008