Looking for a nanny!

Okay this next term my fiancee and I are both going to work full time and go to school we are both in college. His parents gave him a load of money while we were visiting them and we both decided that it would be better for us both and we could earn more money if we hired a nanny full time Monday-Fridays. Last term I just stayed home and took online classes, but now I am attending beauty school and I need to be in class and got a new job at a hair salon at the front desk. They would like me to work Monday-Friday full time and my fiancee is a manager at a restraunt.
We both are just curious what we need to be looking for in a nanny? Since we have no idea. Please help?

HollyRose

Asked by HollyRose at 5:57 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• put an ad in your local newspaper, do LOTS of interviews, check references, go with your gut!
    first interview, just you and fiance, second interview, is a working interview, where your home, but "not there" and nanny has to deal with child, watch how they interact with each other, and again GO WITH YOUR GUT!!!!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 12:14 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• thank you so much
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 12:20 AM on Jan. 3, 2009