I am 36 weeks pregnant and totally tired of pregnancy..How can i go into labor?

I've tried sex, fresh pineapple, walking, spicy foods...any other suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ummmm if your baby was ready to be born, it would happen. Maybe the lungs are not developed completely or something. hang on jujst a little longer-you are so close, how horrible would it be if baby needed to be in the hospital instead of coming home w/mommy?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• 36 wks is too early knock it off. this is the stage the lungs develope.
    Anonymous

• I felt the same way when I was that far along and when I was pregnant.

If nothing has worked, baby is obviously not ready. I'd say wait it out..it will be ok.

In the end you will be SO glad it's all over...

My daughter is 3 months old now and I still wish I could feel her moving in my belly..

etiheidas

Answer by etiheidas at 6:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Ummm nothing. Don't be selfish. Your baby obviously isn't ready to come out yet...none of those things will work.
    Anonymous

• Listen, it sucks ass, I know it does, but WAIT. Enjoy your sleep, you'll miss it so much when your baby is here. I wanted my daughter out so bad at 36 weeks, and I ended up being six days overdue. She's a week old today, and while I'm incredibly happy that she's here and healthy...I would love to go back to being pregnant just for a day or two. Sleeping and eating are two great luxuries, don't try to get rid of them until you have to.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• 36 weeks? Baby is NOT READY TO BE BORN.

Is being a little more comfortable worth having to have your baby put in the NICU because she was born to early?
    Brandie_xo

Answer by Brandie_xo at 6:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Just bc u have your baby at 36 weeks dose not mean all babies will end up in icu . I think she's venting and looking for support. Here's a tip:) try to not look at the calender so much, it will help time pass . I first son was premature 36 weeks and I took him home the next day. For this pregnancy they expect me start labor at 36 weeks too. The doctor says it's fine and for me not to worry. Their just myths that u can induce yourself. So good luck mama
    Anonymous

• I agree with all but I am as far along as she is and feel the same way. I can't function with three kids running around, have construction going on in my home to make room for baby, and it isn't done. I can hardly walk, sleep, and feel like general garbage. I had a preterm baby at 34 weeks and he didn't even stay a day in the nicu. I feel her pain but also know that she needs to cook longer. I am sure she is aware of the risks, no need to be so mean! If you haven't been there and are saying these things, shame on you. And shame on you people who have been there, and know how she feels.
    Hun don't sweat it. You are fine. I will send you a pm k? HUgs!!
    Anonymous

• Oh darn you are private...well...good luck and don't listen to the people on here bashing you...:)
    Anonymous

• There is nothing you can do to make yourself go into labor. I know the last 4 weeks you become anxious. I know I did with all 3 of my boys. But I delivered each one of my boys @ 38 weeks so you just never know!!! Get sone back rubs and take hot showers or do whatever relaxes you. Get rest, the baby will be here soon enough!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 2, 2009