how to go into labor

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I always say don't rush the baby to come into the world. I went overdue and was miserable but I didn't try to induce labor and she came on her own and she was healthy, trying to rush things can cause harm to the baby.
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 2:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I tried EVERYTHING with my first and nothing worked. I promise don't even try it.. People will tell you "Oh it worked for me" Bulls**t !! It don't. Don't waste your time. Just let it come naturally . When it gets here you'll be like "Gosh I wish I was still pregnant" .
    TiffysBabies

Answer by TiffysBabies at 3:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• The midwife that I see has had me taking Evening Primrose Oil for 2 weeks now. I am now 70% effaced and almost 2cm dilated, but still not in labor. According to her, any of the wives tales for going into labor will only work if the baby is ready and so is your body. Don't rush it! Good Luck.
    mommyof2tobe84

Answer by mommyof2tobe84 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Well... I don't know if it works but it's fun! Just have lots of sex. It thins out your uterus and all that good stuff. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I heard this from a midwife...oddly enough nipple stimulation releases porgesteron (sp?) into your system which can speed up labor if you are already having contractions. I don't know about starting it though.
    Anonymous

hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Wait.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2008