Your husbands first reaction...

Well im due Jan. 21 and ive been thinking about what my husbands reaction will be, like i watch those baby stories on tlc and such and the hubbys cry and i think its adorable, i hope mine does! what did your hubbys do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My hubby cried when our daughter's (not twins) were born. He wanted to hold to our older daughter before the nurse cleaned her up. He saw the younger daughter born over webcam from Iraq and cried for that too.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:35 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Our first experience was a bit traumatic. My son was not breathing at first and needed to go the th nicu. My husband did not know whether to stay by my side or stay by my side after he was born and I told him to not leave our baby boy's side. I ended up with problems as well (an inverted uterus and blood clots that sent me into shock) and I had to go to the OR. Myhusband was in tears because he was worried. Our second birth was a homebirth and it was wonderful! My husband got to catch our second boy and he was in awe of him... almost tears of joy. He just kept soaking him up!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• With DD2 he was all smiles, never cried, but a very proud daddy. When our twins were born he teared up, they were born 8 weeks early and he teared up when they gave their first little cry. Tears of hope that they would be OK.

Anonymous

• My hubby cried alot when my son was born but some of it was becasue he was worried about us... they gave my son a %40 chance to live and me a %30 chance
    Anonymous

• With my oldest my husband almost got sick on me. It is a very funny and long story.

With my second we almost did not make it to the hospital. He was so amazed at how fast it went that I do not even think he had time to process what was happening.

With my 3rd he was very supportive, but he did not cry. I cried because I did not think I could take the pain with the last one.

Good Luck and remember know matter what happens you will make the best memories of having a baby together.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My delivery was very complicated. Once our daughter was born we both were laughing and crying at the same time. I never new that those emotions would come out after having a baby. I can see the crying part but really not the laughing! I was amazed to see my husband crying! Even though he wont admit he did... everyone that was in the room new he was!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My husband's first words were "Oh My God, is he okay?" because the cord was around the baby's neck twice. The doctor said he was fine and then I'm not really sure, he might have shed a tear. Not exactly crying. He smiled I think but it was hard to tell because he had a surgical mask on.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My husband was all smiles and taking tons of pictures. I think he told me "good job" too. He stepped away from the bed to help the nurse clean him up, meanwhile I was hemorrhaging and he didn't even notice. lol In the end, I was fine & my son's Godmother (an L&D nurse) had to tell him what happened and that I almost had a transfusion.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Mine was overjoyed and cried and was just so proud.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 7:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• He cried so much he couldn't speak!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2009