• In the Spotlight:

Do you think?????? Please read

Do you think that when you go to heaven you will remember your time on earth and remember your family? I know that it says that you wont remember you previous life and you wont remember your family... I am just wondering what you all think and believe in..... It kinda scares me in a way to think that I might not remember my hubby and son.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That scares me too. I much prefer to think we'll all be together there. I'm not an "individual", I'm a member of a family of love.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 6:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think heaven is big enough for everyone to have their own and that everything we love in life we will love when we pass away.

Answer by gemgem at 6:45 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• That IS kinda scary...I hope we DO remember our families and friends from here on Earth...but I guess we wont know until we get there...
    Anonymous

• I think we will remember our loved ones and be able to watch over them.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• What bible verse is that?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yes I believe we will remember our lives and family here.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I'm not aware of anywhere where the bible says that we won't remember our previous life or our family.

Those in heaven are still part of God's one family and would still follow the bible. The bible tells us that the 2 great commandaments are that we love God and love our neighbor as ourself. So if being in heaven meant we couldn't love others - especially those that were close to us in this life - that would mean we couldn't follow what Jesus has taught us. The relationship may not be exactly the same as it was here on earth but we can still love them.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 7:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Cool. The only family I would prefer to remember is my spouse and daughter. The rest can burn!
    Anonymous

• Considering that all believers will go to Heaven at the same time, ( 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 ) there really isn't a worry about remembering our loved ones. If they are in Christ, they'll be there with us. People don't go to Heaven immediately upon death ( or Hell either for that matter).

Ecclesiastes 9:5,6~~For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I believe what the bible says as you pointed out. That is fine with me.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:37 PM on Jan. 2, 2009