What do you think?

My daughter's birthmother is having a baby in January. We have an open adoption. Would it be appropriate to send a gift basket with some baby things in it? I was going to send a card anyway and pictures of our daughter, but would like to send a baby gift and maybe a mommy gift too. I know we have an open adoption, but I usually send cards and pics and if I do get her something, we are usually together shopping. What do you think about the baby gift basket?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Adoption

• I dont see why not.

Answer by gemgem at 6:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think it is a nice idea.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 6:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think that if you have an open adoption then it should be okay. I have never been in this situation so I can only tell you what I would do.

I think that you need to do what you think it best and if you are comfortable with it then go for it.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think it would be very nice. as long as she is keeping the baby.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 6:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think it is a sweet idea.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think that would be a lovely idea.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 7:42 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I think it sounds like a really nice idea, very thoughtful. I don't know how old your dd is, but maybe she can pick something for the baby too like a stuffed animal or something.
    summerleigh

Answer by summerleigh at 8:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I did that. My son's birthmother had another child after my son. I include him as my son's brother - because he is of course. So we sent clothes, toys, and a card. And something for the mom of course. Because that is what you do for anyone you care about. So go for it.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Great idea!!! Go for it.
    Anonymous

• From a birthmother standpoint I think you are awesome for even thinking of doing something so nice :) If you're comfortable enough then I think you should go for it :) I'm sure she'll appreciate anything you give her.
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009