Size after you deliver...

After you deliver , I know your size doesn't change to much. But how much does it change like if I'm wearing a Large now what size cloths should I take to the hospital? Large? Medium?

Alorasmommy

Asked by Alorasmommy at 6:51 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Bring your maternity pants you are wearing now along with a loose tee...you may be disapointed when you see the belly doesn't change too much for about a month at least. I know it takes me time,. could be diff for you. But better safe than sorry. If you want bring a pair of the smaller pants med if need be in case the others are too big.
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 6:53 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Large - you want to be comfy cozy for the first week or so.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:52 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have had 3 children and after each one I was wearing the size I wore around my 4th or 5th month. My size did not change much because the most I gained was 18 pounds total during my pregnancies.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i agree with all, i was 114 before preggo and 168 while and still wanted to wear xlarge right after
    Anonymous

• Wear your maternity clothes home. The stomach doesn't go back down that much in two days (at least it didn't for me...)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My size went down fast but when i left the hospitol i still was a large. you want to be comfy.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Wear maternity clothes home. You going to be tender because of all the work you just did and you won't want anything that is constricting or that applies pressure.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 7:31 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Everything I'd read and been told said I should wear clothes that fit when I was about five months pregnant, but they did not fit at ALL. I swelled so much that I think I was actually BIGGER when I left the hospital, I just had a floppy belly. I also had to borrow a pair of shoes, since not even flip-flops or slippers fit anymore!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Take maternity clothes with you--you will still look 6 months along when yo leave the hospital.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:49 PM on Jan. 2, 2009