Accept Jesus or go to hell?

Do you honestly believe that if you dont accpet Jesus as your lord and savior you will go to hell? Even if you were a great upstanding person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I don't believe that if you are not a christian you will go to hell. There are many different religions and spiritual paths out there for a reason. You have to find the path you are meant to be on. If that path is Christianity than that is great if it is one of the many other beliefs out there than that is great too. I don't believe that a good person goes to hell.
    OpalB

Answer by OpalB at 7:00 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i do believe so i really dont know how i should answer this ????
    Anonymous

• John 14

1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
    2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
    3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
    4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
    5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
    6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Why do you have to go through Jesus to get to the 'father'? That makes no sense?
    Anonymous

• I like your answer OpalB :)
    Anonymous

• I think if you deny christ then you will go to hell. It says that is the only unforgivable sin.

Answer by gemgem at 7:02 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I don't believe in Jesus, heaven hell, or even god so it doesn't really concern me.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I don't believe that there is a heaven or a hell. It just doesn't make sense. I think somebody made up the whole god-jesus thing, personally.

Even if this doesn't make sense..I will never deny the lord, who knows...he could really be there.
    Anonymous

• Isn't that sort of like lying to yourself. I mean I don't believe in god so I'm not going to say I do "just to be safe" because I would be lying.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I see it like this...Religion is your relationship with God, not some middle man or human being. I dont believe that you can go about you life being a good human being and doing the right things etc and you will be condemned to hell. God is all knowing and he knows ALL of our hearts.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 2, 2009