has anyone while they were pregnant do the ds test and get a high risk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I did not have any testing done, however, my son was born with DS =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• By the way, did you get a high risk? If you need to talk you can message me!
    dedicatedrider

• I was labeled high risk on the test and none of mine had DS but my heart is with you, we deal with autism and bi polar disorder so I understand your worries. It's not the end of the world and your baby is still an angel from above...
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I did, but my daughter did not have DS. I didn't get the amnio done. It wasn't worth the risk to me.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 9:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My mother was about 36 when she was pregnant with my brother. She had an amnio and it came back that he had DS and my mother was advised to abort. When my brother was born, he was totally healthy and no DS. He does though suffer from ADHD.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 2:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I've heard of a lot of false positives while doing certain tests while pregnant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I'm really sorry that I can't find it right now, but I am certain that I read that the prenatal tests for DS have a high false positive rate. Which makes it especially sad that so many loving parents abort wanted children after receiving a positive diagnosis of DS.

A really good place to get lots of information about DS, prenatal testing for DS, and raising a child with DS is http://mommylife.net It's the blog of a mother of 12 children, 4 of whom have DS. (After having one biological son with DS, she adopted 3 more.) Type "down syndrome" or "prenatal testing" into her sidebar for lots of good posts.
    sioleabha

Answer by sioleabha at 3:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2008