Would this bother you???

Every time I am on the phone my fiancee either asks who I am talking to or hugs me so his ear is against my phone so he can hear. Would this bother you? Do you think its disrespectful? Give me your opinions on this one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jan. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I was thinking... when he walks in the room maybe you could just say "you know my hubby/SO always wants to know who I'm talking to and listen to what we're talking about, so I'm going to put you on speakerphone to make it easier on him" and then I'd start talking about clotty periods or something like that.... lol Don't know about your man but mine would get sick after moments lol Maybe even prearrange it with a code word with a friend so she can start the conversation about it so it doesn't look like you just started that conversation topic lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have this prob w/my fiancee except he thinks it's funny to make comments in the background to distract me, but if I do it to him he gets mad. I think your guy sounds insecure and possesive and I would tell him to give you some space.The ear to the phone would cause me to "accidently" tap him with it in the head anytime he did it lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:01 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• When this happens to me, I tell my BF that I'm talking to some random guy. LOL. it makes him so mad. But I'm really talking to grandma or something.
    Anonymous

• My fiancee does the same thing, but he will also make comments in the background like "Holly come back to bed!" I find it funny but he's always curious to who I'm talking to but doesnt bother me I do the same to him lol
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 7:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Yes, its annoying isn't it?
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My hubby often asks me who's on the phone, andI just wave him off till I'm done, then I tell him if he hasn't figured it out by then. As for listening in, there would be a war! That is disgusting and rude, and I don't think your callers would be happy to know he was listening to their every word. Either he trusts you or he doesn't, and that sure looks like he doesn't trust you to talk on the phone. Tell him you aren't 6 years old anymore!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:05 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• He may just be curious, but the ? is does it bother you? If it does, ask him not to.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:06 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My Husband does that too but it really doesn't bother me! I just tell him I am talking to my boyfriend! If it bothers you just ask him to stop!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 7:17 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My hubby and I both will casually ask "who's on the phone?" and if I come up to him he'll hold the phone out a little so I can hear who it is sometimes and then I walk on by or say hi to them (if it's his sister)... doesn't bother us because we've nothing to hide, but we don't embarrass the others by yelling it or asking in an accusing way. Something like "hey babe, who you talking to?" or "hey is that Deb on the phone?"
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:21 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• It's no biggie but at the same time if you're friend is telling you something really personal or serious then it may be frustrating. I would turn the situation around and everytime someone calls you should put him on the phone (guys usually hate talking on the phone especially to in-laws lol) so put him on the spot and just tell the caller... 'oh my (husband) wants to tell you something... lmao lmao lmao. Eventually he will back off and run to the other room when the phone rings. lmao.
    girlletmetellu

Answer by girlletmetellu at 7:44 PM on Jan. 2, 2009